- The UK’s first Smart Baby Monitor is available with both 2.8” and 5” colour video screen on the BT Shop
- The BT Smart Baby Monitor features Alexa or Google Assistant allowing customers to play a lullaby or report back on the temperature of the baby’s room from anywhere simply by using their voice
- The monitors also feature live HD video streaming, recording and photo capture with the free accompanying app
BT has announced the launch of the UK’s first voice-controlled Smart Baby Monitor, connecting with both Alexa and Google Assistant.
BT’s first ever Smart Baby Monitor, which is available on the BT Shop, is the latest in a new range of BT Smart Home products and is part of BT’s commitment to keep customers connected to the things that matter most, in and out of the home.
Available in both a 2.8” and 5” colour video screen, the BT Smart Baby Monitor enables parents to ask Alexa or Google Assistant to play a lullaby, report back on the temperature of the baby’s room and turn motion detection on and off.
Customers can watch live HD video streaming, take photos and record footage direct from the camera to their smartphone – giving them peace of mind and a chance to share those special moments with friends and family. Customers can also use the two way talk back to be part of the bedtime routine when away from the home.
BT’s Smart Video Monitor is the latest evolution of BT’s baby monitor range, which includes the Video Baby Monitor 6000 - the UK’s top selling baby monitor.
New research* from BT has shown that 32% of parents in the UK don’t get back in time for their children’s bedtime during the week, and 80% of parents would like to see their baby on their smartphone when they are away from home.
Additional features include night vision, digital zoom and a remote motorised pan, allowing users to experience a clear view of their children when checking in.
Bruce Cuthbert, Director of BT Connected Devices, said: “Our customers want to feel connected to their children, whether they’re in another room, at the office or on the way home. Our new BT Smart Baby Monitor is the UK’s first voice-controlled baby monitor with Alexa and Google Assistant, making keeping an eye and ear on your children even easier. We want BT’s smart devices to give our customers the best connections and experiences – and our evolving range of baby monitors give parents that peace of mind.”
Smart Baby Monitor features
- Works with iOS and Android devices
- The video stream on the app is encrypted with AES-128**
- Free App on Apple App Store or Google Play Store
- 2.8” / 5” wireless portable parent unit with colour screen
- Watch live HD video streaming, take photos and record videos on your smart device using the free app
- Know baby’s room temperature or play a lullaby using Alexa or Google voice
- Choose from 5 different lullabies
- Two way talk back so you can communicate when away from the home
- Remote motorised pan with 135° pan left and right
- Digital zoom and tilt to see your baby clearly
- Visual cry alerts so you know when your baby is awake
- Night vision so you keep an eye on your baby even when the lights are off
- Room temperature display for that extra reassurance
- Wall mountable camera
- Wi-Fi connection to your home wireless router
*According to independent research by Populus in January 2019
** Video streaming on the Smart Baby Monitor is encrypted and protected with industry recognised Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) 128
BT’s purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. It is one of the world’s leading providers of communications services and solutions, serving customers in 180 countries. Its principal activities include the provision of networked IT services globally; local, national and international telecommunications services to its customers for use at home, at work and on the move; broadband, TV and internet products and services; and converged fixed-mobile products and services. BT consists of four customer-facing units: Consumer, Enterprise, Global Services and Openreach.
For the year ended 31 March 2018, BT Group’s reported revenue was £23,723m with reported profit before taxation of £2,616m.
British Telecommunications plc (BT) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of BT Group plc and encompasses virtually all businesses and assets of the BT Group. BT Group plc is listed on stock exchanges in London and New York.
For more information, visit www.btplc.com