- Samsung Galaxy S10 and S10+ customers, who pre-order mobile plans with BT, to get a triple data boost with 45GB for the price of 15GB plus free BT Sport
- BT customers can stay connected with fast 4G and Wi-Fi in more places than any other network
- Samsung Galaxy S10e, S10 and S10+ handset plans purchased from BT will feature Wi-Fi Calling, as well as 4G Calling
BT today announced that the brand new Samsung Galaxy S10, S10+ and S10e will be available to pre-order from BT on Thursday 21st February.
The three models are available in Prism Black, Prism White and Prism Green on a range of mobile plans from BT that include the following great deals for BT broadband customers that are available with a £10 up front cost:
- The Samsung Galaxy S10 is available for £57 per month on a 24 month contract with triple data of 45GB for the price of 15GB – the plan includes free BT Sport
- The Samsung S10+ is available for £65 per month on a 24 month contract with triple data of 45GB for the price of 15GB – the plan includes free BT Sport
- The Samsung Galaxy S10e is available for £47 per month on a 24 month contract with double data of 12GB for the price 6GB – the plan includes free BT Sport
Samsung Galaxy S10e, S10 and S10+ handset plans purchased from BT will feature Wi-Fi Calling, as well as 4G Calling.
Those on BT plans can stay connected with fast 4G and Wi-Fi in more places than O2, Vodafone and Three. All mobile plans support tethering, allowing customers to use their mobiles as a hotspot to get online with their other devices even where there’s no Wi-Fi. Customers can also control their spend easily through monthly caps and tracking usage via the BT Mobile app. Customers who have signed up to mobile with BT on 6GB plans or higher, get BT Sport for absolutely free.
For further details of all BT’s price plans customers should visit www.bt.com/mobile.
BT’s purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. It is one of the world’s leading providers of communications services and solutions, serving customers in 180 countries. Its principal activities include the provision of networked IT services globally; local, national and international telecommunications services to its customers for use at home, at work and on the move; broadband, TV and internet products and services; and converged fixed-mobile products and services. BT consists of four customer-facing units: Consumer, Enterprise, Global Services and Openreach.
For the year ended 31 March 2018, BT Group’s reported revenue was £23,723m with reported profit before taxation of £2,616m.
British Telecommunications plc (BT) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of BT Group plc and encompasses virtually all businesses and assets of the BT Group. BT Group plc is listed on stock exchanges in London and New York.
For more information, visit www.btplc.com